When you start a refund process on the same day of the transaction and prior to the deadline time per country, Kushki makes three cancellation attempts to the processor.
- Until the refund request is accepted, its status will be In Process.
- When the processor accepts one of these three requests, the transaction will be voided, with an Accepted status, and the purchase will not appear on your customer's account statement.
- If the transaction was not approved, the refund is subject to a manual refund process, which may take up to 45 calendar days to be recorded as a credit note by the bank on your customer's account statement.
- When complete, the transaction will change to a Full Refund type, with an Approved status.
To know the status of a transaction:
- Click on the refund you want to review.
- In the Transaction Detail window, select the Timeline tab.
- The screen will display the movements made by your customer and your merchant with regard to this transaction.
If you have questions about the status of a refund, please contact our support team here, with the ticket number of the refund process to follow up on it.
You can also use a webhook and Kushki will automatically notify you when a refund is approved, as explained here.